Jackie Scott, singer, songwriter and producer, is a native of Virginia who received her training early singing in the baptist church. Music played an important part in the worship experience and after singing gospel for 20 years, she felt a call to the blues. Her first introduction to live blues took place at a Buddy Guy concert and was followed by seeing BB King live. After seeing phenomenal performances she was convinced singing the blues was what she wanted to do. Her quest to learn more about the blues lead her to the steamy windows of the windy city, Chicago. Jackie has opened up for and performed with the likes of BB King, Taj Mahal, Magic Slim & The Teardrops, Eddie Shaw & The Wolfgang, Ronnie Baker Brooks, Keb Mo and Lyle Lovett. Jackie was mentored in Chicago blues by Nellie “Tiger” Travis and the legendary Eddie Shaw.
With enthusiastic performance reviews, she continues to perform, write and produce her way into the blues. With rave reviews on her cd projects, “How Much Woman Can You Stand” and “Going To The Westside” featuring Eddie Shaw she continues to perform and write. She produced Eddie Shaw & The 757 Allstars (Still Riding High) cd which was nominated for Best Blues Bands 2013 to promote the blues and honor her mentor. She was chosen to open the 2014 Hampton Jazz festival to re-introduce blues back into the lineup of this historical 53 yr. old festival. She completed her debut international tour in Brazil with a quick hop in Japan to tutor kids at the Toyko School of Music and Dance followed by a tour in France. When not performing she mentors young vocalist at the Fernando Jones Blues Camp held in Chicago annually.
- Won Baltimore Blues Society’s Battle of the Bands
- Finalist in the annual IBC held in Memphis, TN.
- Have performed at the Chicago Blues Festival/Chicago, Hot August Blues Fest/Maryland, Mississippi Valley Blues Festival/Iowa, Olde Town Blues Fest/Michigan, North Atlantic Blues Festival/Maine and many more
- Part of the touring tribute to Koko Taylor
- Nominated for the best traditional blues album as producer
- International Songwriter finalist in blues category
- Voted Best Blues Band for Veer magazine ( 2012,2013)
- Nominated in 3 category for the Blues Blast Awards
- Nominated in 3 categories for Blues Blast Awards
- Best Blues Song
- Best New Artist Debut Release (Won)
- Sean Costello Rising Star